Welcome to my new Greenville, SC readers! Turns out this change of blog hosts has turned out to be a good thing.
I don’t know why or how this thought came to mind last night/this morning. While putting groceries on the shelf strange thoughts come to mind from time to time, and this is just one example.
I was thinking about how this is the season for the classic Peanuts cartoons to come out (Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, Christmas) and then out of the blue, I got to wondering, assuming they had the same basic characteristics (good, clean family entertainment, etc…), what would the Peanuts gang look like in the 21st century? Here is what I have come up with so far:
- Charlie Brown would not manage a baseball team, he would be a league commissioner of a fantasy baseball league, perhaps even a fantasy football league commissioner.
- Snoopy would type stories on his laptop computer while sitting atop his dog house. These stories would be published instantly on his blog (The Blog House).
- Woodstock would be attempting solo flights around the world in a balloon.
- Lucy would not have her traditional advice booth; this has also moved online into a family-friendly chat room.
- Schroeder would be (legally) downloading music to his iPod instead of playing on his piano.
- Linus has traded his security blanket for marketing Firefox t-shirts
Obviously, there are characters I have left out, because I haven’t yet got that far in my thinking. Feel free to help me out by posting a comment!