A couple of the youths from church recently completed high school. In honor of their achievement, an open house was held (they’re cousins, so sharing the occasion was convenient).
Anyway, it wasn’t until I got there that I got to thinking how old I feel. It was nine years ago that I graduated high school. When I mentioned that to Mom, she “reminded” me that I was still single. As if I could forget… Now the thoughts go forward in time to that wonderful, hypothetical 10 year class reunion (all five of us). How odd that would be, being 20 percent of the class and the only one still single.
So, for all you math fanatics out there, here’s one to figure out:
- 5 students graduated in 1998
- 20% of the class is single
- 80% of the class is married
- 100% of the female portion of the class is married
- 100% of the male portion of the class is single